Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Halloween Party!

 Sophia's 2nd birthday...this was a special one!  Yes, my baby was turning two but I'm afraid it was overshadowed by the fact that Martha Stewart herself played a role in this party!!  Let me explain... 
There are a few times during the year that I don't miss a Martha Stewart magazine, show or special; and one of them is Halloween.  So, I was watching The Martha Stewart show one October morning and she had asked that "we" send in pictures of our kids wearing their Halloween costumes.  Sophia had dressed up as a pumpkin the year before (super cute) so I sent the picture in, along with some of the pictures from her first birthday party, and that was that.
About a week later, I received an e-mail from the producer asking me if I would be interested in an opportunity to talk to Martha live on her show...unhhh, YES!!
Everything fell into place very quickly and before I knew it I was chatting with Martha live on her show!  Pretty cool moment!  
Follow this link http://www.marthastewart.com/article/halloween-ornaments-from-martha-stewart-show#ooid=JwNHVlMjoOElx3A9hNu7bkNQCJvke1kW and then click on "Watch the Video" on the lower left side below the Halloween Tree.  And yes, I did make the Halloween Tree.

The Martha Tree





  


I found these Creepy Cupcakes in the Martha Stewart Halloween magazine years before I was a mom and couldn't wait for a chance to try them out!  I used a simple vanilla cake recipe and Martha Stewart's Simple Buttercream recipe to ice them.  I think it works better than regular buttercream for this type of cupcake.  It's a lot less fussy and it sort of dries out, keeping the decorations in place and the cake moist and yummy!

 
  

  

  
    
 





No comments:

Post a Comment