Thursday, November 24, 2011

Still Awake

It's almost midnight and I'm still awake which is nothing out of the ordinary but I don't usually have company.  There is a little person cuddled up on the couch beside me, we're watching the Curious George Christmas special that I DVRed earlier. 

What's with kids getting sick so often from school?  Was it always like this?  I don't remember being sick much as a child.  I have a great memory but, I probably don't remember how many colds I got when I was 5 years old...

It seems that I can predict the sick cycle, it goes like this...a terrible cold hits, usually just before bed or in the middle of the night.  This is followed by a week of coughing and constant nose blowing.  The following week, the nose blowing becomes a little less frequent but seems to get a lot grosser.  The third week is usually pretty good, a little lingering cough a few random nose blows and then just as we are getting comfortable...we're up watching Curious George at midnight!

I thought that I might be onto something when I kept Sophia home from school today.  She seemed a little tired and run down so to avoid getting too run down and risk getting sick, I thought we could have a lazy day.  Well, I guess the cold had already gotten a foothold, but, we did have a great day.  We managed to get all the Christmas decorations up including the tree....only one broken ornament, the very first one out of the box.

So here we sit, peaceful, quiet, and surrounded by magical Christmas lighting.

Bless the winter cold :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment